Saturday 26 March 2016

With Heartfelt Thanks card - Couture Creations

#artdecocreations #couturecreations #ulitmatecrafts



Hello hello on this lovely March Day.  Where is the year going? 
Days are flying by and before we know it Winter will be here (and i say bring it on!)

Here in Queensland we are about to start our Easter school holidays, which also means the Easter Bunny is close!  Next Term my son will be starting a new school, so I've made a Thank You card for one of his teachers using our gorgeous Magnolia Lane range.  For something a little different I've used bright & vibrant colours - it shows just how versatile this range really is. 

Don't get me wrong, I adore the colours in Magnolia Lane. But I also love using the collection dies embossing folders & stamps to create with any colour you want.  Which is exactly what i've done with my card today.  Sunflowers are my favourite flower.  So it seems only natural that my favourite colour is bright yellow.  

So let's get crafting!
 
I'll all for getting more for my dollar and using my products & tools in as many ways as possible.
Here I've ink the top of my embossing folder with white ink, and then run it through my Big Shot as normal. Effectively I've made my embossing folder into a 3d stamp! I love how this technique adds more dimension to the embossed pattern. 
White ink on top of embossing folder. Just swipe lightly.  
Try not to get any ink in the pattern indentions. 
 Cut your cardstock to size and place in the embossing folder as normal. 
 Carefully take out the embossed cardstock, and admire your handiwork! 
Using the white ink also gives it an understated chalky look. 


I have been itching to use this beautiful rose and leaf die called 'Rose Cutting'. 
It''s so intricate and detailed, I can see this becoming a favourite in my collection. 
And by using Quick Release Die paper, you'll have crisp cuts and images that fall out of the dies. 
I've cut one each of the solid background & rose petals in yellow cardstock, and 3 of the leaves in green cardstock.  I've attached the two pieces of the flower together by using very thin lines of glue using the Turbo Precision Glue pen in the middle of the flower. This means I can bend the flower and give it a more realistic shape rather than being flat.
To construct the card, I've placed a piece of double sided tape in the middle of the top third of the card and laid a piece of white gauze, gently scrunched on top. 
Using mini glue spots, I've stuck the leaves on, and then the flower on top of them which was mounted on foam tape.  On top of the flower I've used one of the large pearls from the Bling Flourish and Pearls set. 
 Towards the bottom of the card, under the flower, I've added a stamped sentiment (from the Songbird set) on green cardstock and a piece of white lace has been folded in half and placed on the back with double sided tape.  The sentiment has been mounted on foam tape.
And we're done!  A  bright & happy thank card that will hopefully makes someones day. 
I really think there is something so special about giving and receiving handmade cards. 
Thank YOU for visiting us today!  We love to read your comments & appreciate your kind words. 
Until next time have a happy & safe Easter my crafty friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment