Thursday 24 September 2015

Trio of Cards for Couture Creations



#couturecreationsaus

And hello to you again crafty friends!
Tracey R here on this September day. 
Spring is here and the days are getting longer, which means more time to craft!

I'm sure a lot of you are like me, and can spend hours looking for inspiration and ideas on Pinterest.  But have you ever thought about copying your own projects?
Today I am going to show you 3 different cards, using a previous post (a Christmas Card) as inspiration. 

So let's get crafting!


This is my original post "Seasons Greetings Card" and it also includes the instructions to make the card. 


What I want to show you is that you can take the same design, and adapt to other occasions by changing your papers and/or greetings.  I really loved the design of the Christmas card, so using this are my inspiration I've created a 2 very different birthday cards, and a Congratulations card.  You can see the similarities, but they are 


The basic design and elements are the same. 
I've used the Nesting Diamonds die to cut the diamonds, embellished with pearls or bling on the corners, and mounted a greeting on foam tape

Congratulations card featuring the gorgeous Hearts Ease papers and Pearls.  


Floral Birthday Card using the beautiful Vintage Rose Papers and Cafe Creme Pearls

Bright & Bold Happy Birthday card using Core'dinations cardstock & Onyx 2mm gemstones


By using different papers you can certainly get a different look, and it's also a great way to use up scraps and get a patchwork kind of feel to the cards.  



I'd love to see if you use any of your previous projects to inspire new ones!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be sure to check the Couture Creations Blog to be inspired 
by the amazing ladies on the Design Team. 
You can also follow Couture Creations on

No comments:

Post a Comment